Sunday 28 April 2013

Possible Double Page Spread Images

After taking lots of photographs at nighttime, I have edited together at collection, which I need to reduce down to 3 images (1 landscape image for my title page, and two portrait images for the second double page spread).


I like this photograph because of how the lighting has shone on the models face. The slightly directional lighting has cast a small shadow on the right hand side of his face, which makes him look mysterious. I also like the edited 'bokeh' which forms nicely in the background.


I'm not too sure I like this image, for the reason I feel it is too contrasted in representation of the other images I have edited. The lighting falls well on the models face and the 'bokeh' in the background is kept to a minimum, meaning the model is the central focus.


This is the edit that I feel like I will be using for my final double page spread title page. I edited together an image of the model standing against some 'bokeh' from buildings in the background. I then added some more 'bokeh' in the left hand side of the image. The title "City of Colour" came from the appearance of the 'bokeh' in the background, and the different colours that glow from them. As these were all shot in the city of London, I felt it was fitting to include something about the location in the title.


The blur is off on this photograph, but I wanted to include this as a possible final image as I love the formation of the 'bokeh' in the background, rather than it being spread, it is very concentrated.


This was the image I edited the most. This has a total of 5 layers, including the background layers, to formulate this cityscape inspired image. In the background is the Shard and the Tower Bridge, and the light being exerted from these was fitting to include in my background. However, I am not overly keen on the overall colour of this image, as I feel it is too bright and colourful against the dark shadow on my models face. I have tried to lighten the contours of his face using Levels and Curves, but to not avail without blowing the entire details of his face out.


The same applies to this image, the models face is too dark in comparison to the background. Therefore, I do not think I will be using this image in my final edit.


This edit looks too obviously 'edited', so to speak. The right hand side of the model is too bright in comparison to his dark jacket, so you can see an obvious join between layers.


This photograph was taken at Canary Wharf, and we used an external light off a mobile phone to light the models face.


I think I will use the above image, and the other image displayed taken at Canary Wharf, to make my second double page spread, as they are barely edited, but both include inspiring, colourful bokeh which represents the theme "City of Colour".

No comments:

Post a Comment