Sunday 3 March 2013

Nathan D'Amour

Nathan D'Amour is a fashion photographer from Lancashire, whose work I have fallen in love with! He focuses on fashion and nightlife photography, using a Phase One photography system; top of the range!


I love the concept behind this shot, the movement is inspiring. I admire the high fashion side of the shot, and can see this on the front cover of Vogue, or being the main image in a high fashion article about a celebrity. To achieve an image like this, which I would like to try, I would either use a smoke machine, or talcum powder and a wind machine to create the movement. The movement has been captured perfectly, and I would love to try this myself for the front cover of my magazine!


I love the dark atmosphere used here to achieve a sultry and dangerous look. Nathan D'Amour used lighting well, the light perfectly hits the models face, but does not cast too much on the dark background.


The pose here is to a T. The model looks like she has walked straight off the runway, catwalk like. I would like to experiment with outdoor shots, for either my magazine cover, or my double page article. Either way, I will need to think about lighting and how I frame my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment